SDAMPP is a nonprofit organization whose prime objective is the advancement of education in the scientific field of medical physics. This objective is pursued through discussions, meetings, collaboration, and the shared perspectives of those in positions of leadership within academic programs of medical physics. The Society has the following missions in furtherance of this objective:
- To promote the advancement of medical physics education worldwide;
- To encourage coordination between academic medical physics programs;
- To foster establishment of educational best practices in medical physics;
- To monitor production of medical physics trainees relative to the job market;
- To assist new academic medical physics programs in getting started;
- To foster coordination of the graduate and residency elements of medical physics training;
- To provide a forum for discussion among leaders of academic medical physics programs;
- To serve as a voice for leaders of academic medical physics programs;
- To engage leaders of academic medical physics programs around the world to provide better and more consistent medical physics training.
MedPhys Match and MP-RAP Webinars of October 20 and 22, 2014:
IMPORTANT NEWS: MedPhys Match for 2015 Residency Matching!
August 7, 2014: AAPM and SDAMPP announce the creation of MedPhys Match, a medical physics residency matching program for graduate students and postgraduate trainees. MedPhys Match will be conducted beginning this Fall, 2014, for the residency year beginning July 1, 2015. SDAMPP endorsed the creation of MedPhys Match at its July 21, 2014 Board of Directors meeting, including financial support. AAPM endorsed the creation of MedPhys Match at its July 24, 2014, Board of Directors meeting, including substantial financial support (Policy PP 28-A). The MedPhys Match will be administered by National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS), on behalf of AAPM and SDAMPP.
MedPhys Match Information for Residency and Graduate Programs:
- MedPhys Match Letter to Residency Programs
- MedPhys Match Letter to Graduate Programs
- MedPhys Match Website
Important Information and Possible Action Required
- Revised ABR categories for the oral examination in 2015
- MOU on the Relative roles of SDAMPP, AAPM, CAMPEP, and ABR for the Education of Medical Physicists in the United States
- Letter to Students Re: Information regarding 2012/2014 ABR Board eligibility changes
- Letter to Program Directors Re: Information regarding 2012/2014 ABR Board eligibility changes and its impact on your students and your program